We are a close-knit team on a mission to help business work smarter and deliver a more delightful workplace experience with our HR Tech platform. We have an open culture driven by honesty, hard work, fun and creativity! Your contributions at GoCo will have a high impact on the business. We are looking for smart, ambitious, and collaborative team members to does more than just build pretty mockups. Join our team to help us figure out what we should build and how we should build it.
You can learn more about our culture, mission, and perks here: https://www.goco.io/careers/
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work on a team of designers to make our user experience easy and delightful
- Talk to users and get to the bottom of what they need
- Understand how competitors are solving user issues
- From customer conversations, spec out how you want to solve user stories and be able to put together rough mockups really quickly
- From internal feedback, create high fidelity mockups. Flesh out all the edge cases. Engineers should be able to take your spec and make it come to life, without too many unexpected hiccups along the way
Qualifications and Skills
- Amazing design and product sense - take complicated concepts and make them intuitive
- Bias for action - you need to get stuff done
- Excellent communicator - listen and understand users' problems. Be able to convey the proposed solutions.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment. You'll have guidance when you need it, but you're also goal oriented and can execute without close supervision
- Positive, highly self-motivated and superb work ethic
- We sit together in close proximity to facilitate collaboration
- We play light background music, and anyone can play the role of “Office DJ”
- If you need quiet space, we have private rooms to retreat to
- We like games: mini basketball, shuffleboard, and ping pong are staples
- Our campus has a relaxing lounge area, on-site gym, and plenty of places to walk and get food or coffee.
Benefits and Perks
- Insurance benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance, and more
- Equity/Stock options
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Additional perks. Casual dress code, in-office gaming systems, free snacks, company paid meals on Fridays, birthday lunches and snacks, free parking, and brand new on-site gym with lockers and showers.
More reading, for your leisure
A normal work day at GoCo hardly feels like work at all. We love to push the limits utilizing the latest modern tech and take pride in delivering to our users a platform that is delightful, intuitive and beautiful.
Personal learning and growth is also a key ingredient to GoCo’s culture. Managers act as mentors helping guide each team member in achieving their goals. If you’re a passionate, hard-working person wanting to make a big impact in their workplace, then we’d be delighted to work with you!
GoCo has been named one of Houston's best places to work by Houston Business Journal - let us show you why.