We are a close-knit team of engineers with a core belief that together, we can solve ANY challenge that comes our way. We strive for “kaizen” (Japanese for “continuous improvement”) through our use of Scrum with weekly sprints and retrospectives (Side brag: Jeff Sutherland, the inventor of Scum, is a long time GoCo client!). We are looking for smart, team-first players that want to build a great product and have fun while doing it.
You can learn more about our culture, mission, and perks here: https://www.goco.io/careers/
What will I be doing?
- Plan out, and execute on our cross-platform mobile strategy
- Work with our product and design team to take core functionality from our existing web application and bring them to life on mobile
- Help shape our product vision by providing your input on the user experience
- Contribute to an engineering culture of collaboration and continuous improvement
- Experience with cross-platform mobile development using React Native
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment - we ship code every week
- Eagerness to learn new languages and technologies
- Collaborative, positive attitude, and self-motivated
Our Current Stack
- React.js Single Page Application, with Redux and Relay
- GraphQL API Server built on Ruby on Rails and Postgres
- React Native mobile app
- Heroku and AWS infrastructure
- CircleCI Continuous Integration
- Client and Server unit tests, plus full stack integration tests
- We sit together in close proximity to facilitate collaboration and pair programming
- We play light background music, and anyone can play the role of “Office DJ”
- If you need quiet space, we have private rooms to retreat to
- We like games: mini basketball, shuffleboard, and ping pong are staples
- Our campus has a relaxing lounge area, on-site gym, and plenty of places to walk and get food.
Benefits and Perks
- Insurance benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, HSA and Life Insurance
- Equity/Stock options
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Additional perks. Casual dress code, in-office gaming systems, free snacks, company paid meals on Fridays, birthday lunches and snacks, free parking, and gym membership.
More reading, for your leisure
We’re a small tech-startup. We have an open culture driven by honesty, hard work, fun and creativity! Your contributions at GoCo will have a high impact on the business giving you great meaning to your work.
A normal work day at GoCo hardly feels like work at all. We love to push the limits utilizing the latest modern tech and take pride in delivering to our users a platform that is delightful, intuitive and beautiful.
Personal learning and growth is also a key ingredient to GoCo’s culture. Managers act as mentors helping guide each team member in achieving their goals. If you’re a passionate, hard-working person wanting to make a big impact in their workplace, then we’d be delighted to work with you!
GoCo has been named one of Houston's best places to work by Houston Business Journal - let us show you why.